Saturday, April 7, 2018

Water Colored Floral Background

I've experimented with water coloring lately and I thought this background stamp would be perfect for this technique.  I first created a water colored panel and after it was completely dry, I stamped the Doodle Garden background stamp from Catherine Pooler onto the background using Versa Mark ink. 

I then used bright white embossing powder and heat set the stamped background.  I could have stopped there, but I wanted to water color some of the flowers even more, just to make them stand out a bit.  While that was drying, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto some vellum.

I cut the panel and the vellum out at the same time so that the edges would match up when I used a postage stamp die to cut them out.  I decided to mount the panel using foam tape onto some green patterned paper I found in my stash.  I mounted it all onto a white card base.  I love the soft look of water color and think I'll probably be using this technique in the future!

Here is a look at the finished card as well as a few close ups.




No comments:

Post a Comment