Friday, March 30, 2018

Thank you stencil card

In the latest Catherine Pooler release there was a stencil designed by Shawna Clingerman.  It was called the Square Dance Stencil.  It's pictured below in it's original form.

 
When I stared at this stencil for what seemed like forever and tried to decide how best to use it, my eyes were drawn to the patterns within the design.  Sometimes this is easy to do depending on the design.  Whether she knows it or not, my mother, who is a quilter, taught me to see patterns within intended designs.  So in THIS particular stencil, I envisioned a rainbow pattern.  I used Distress Oxide inks to sponge on the color as I meticulously masked off areas of the stencil so each color had its own distinct place.

I added a black die cut thanks, adhered it to a black panel and then to a white card base.  It's a 4 1/4" square card, smaller than the typical A2 size I normally make, but it packs a punch!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment