Saturday, August 18, 2018

Challenges for inspiration

I had some time to craft this weekend and with no special occasion to make a specific card, I decided to check out the challenges at Simon Says Stamp's blog.  They have two weekly challenges...one on Monday and one on Wednesday.  The Monday challenge theme this week is Sprinkles and Splatters and the Wednesday theme is Back to School.

The first picture below is for the Monday challenge. I had already made up the background using a new stamp from Catherine Pooler called the Canvas Grunge stamp.  I used Over Coffee ink from Catherine Pooler as well.  The other brown ink colors, also from CP, are Icing on the Cake and Sand Castle.  I used the coffee cup, lid, and sleeve die cuts from My Favorite Things as well as the sentiment from their Perk Up Stamp set.  I thought the card could use a little dimension, so I wrapped some raffia ribbon around the Grunge layer to offset the coffee cup.






The second picture is for the Wednesday challenge.  The Back to School theme could be taken several different ways.  I decided upon an encouraging sentiment from Catherine Pooler's Zen Feather stamp set.  The set also contains the feather stamp and I thought they coordinated perfectly.  I used three CP inks, Juniper Mist, Daydream, and Skylight.  I found some patterned paper in my stash that made a nice background and added the tag stamped with a dotted background in Twilight ink from CP.


No comments:

Post a Comment