Saturday, August 25, 2018

Stretching background stamps

I don't know about you, but I love geometric designs.  I suppose it's because, to me, they look all neat and orderly....and that's my thing!  Another thing I think draws me to geometric patterns is that they are mostly symmetrical...and again, that's my thing!  Recently, Catherine Pooler came out with a new release which included a background stamp called Angled Squares.  Here's a picture of the full stamp.





While I love the geometric pattern, it's slightly offset from the center.  What am I to do with this non-symmetrical design?  I have no problem using it as is, but I wanted to see how I could create something that WAS symmetrical.  So, off I went to my craft table to brainstorm!

What I ended up doing was stamping only the square portion of the stamp onto vellum with Versamark ink three times.  I then used rose gold embossing powder from WOW! embossing and heat set it.  After cutting the three squares out, I arranged them onto a black card stock panel.  Since they overlapped, I ended up cutting away the portions that were behind the middle square.  I have yet to decide if I want to add anything else to the card...maybe a sentiment strip or a word cut die.  I think as it is in the pictures below, it's kind of striking without anything added...what do you think?




I really like how the rose gold embossing powder looks on the vellum.  It reminds me of the art deco era.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment