Saturday, January 19, 2019

Inspiration is everywhere!

I kind of fell off the blog bandwagon at the end of 2018...but it's a new year and I'm going to try to be more diligent about posting here.  I do post a lot on my Karen K. Creates Facebook page, Instagram, and Stamp Nation...but I've neglected posting all those cards here as well.  I'm going to do my best to change that this year!

Recently, I ordered some new postage stamps since the rates are going to go up again soon.  I found two sets of stamps that I thought were really cute for cards that I send out to friends and family.  The first set is the newest LOVE stamp.  I really like the colors and the font of the word LOVE.  The second set I couldn't resist because not only are the colors great, but believe it or not, the stamps are scratch 'n sniff stamps!!  They take me back to the days when I collected stickers and had many pages of scratch 'n sniff stickers!!

On this first card, I chose Catherine Pooler inks that closely matched the four colors on the postage stamp.  The colors I used were Grape Crush, Limoncello, Rockin' Red, and Party Dress.  I knew that I probably had many different heart shaped stamps to choose from in my stash, but I happened to have a newer stamp set, also from Catherine Pooler, sitting on my craft desk...so I tried it out.  Using the 4" Gina K Wreath Builder stencil in my MISTI, I went to work!  It looked a little empty when I was done, so I added the smaller hearts to fill in some of the blank spaces.  The LOVE sentiment was a word die from a Stamp of Approval set from early in 2018.  I wanted the sentiment to be red and match the red stamped hearts, so I took my Rockin' Red ink pad and swiped it on some white card stock.  I find this is the best way to have coordinating card stock with these inks!  I used a Postage Stamp die to cut out the panel and adhere it to a card base.  Again, I used the ink pad directly on the card to make a red border around the panel.









The second set of postage stamps I purchased were the Frozen Treats stamps...all very colorful popsicles!  Since I don't have any popsicle stamps, I thought a good way to replicate the images would be to water color them.  Now, I'm certainly no water color expert, but I thought the shapes of the popsicles would be fairly easy to replicate.  Again, I used Catherine Pooler inks (these inks are so versatile!!).  The Postage Stamp die came in handy for this panel as well.  I wanted to mat the panel on some colored card stock that matched, but couldn't decide between the pink or blue.  So, I cut a triangle of each color and adhered them down behind the panel.  I just love all the bright colors on both of these postage stamp sets.











I think this just goes to show that inspiration is everywhere we look!  Now I have matching postage stamps to send out these cards to loved ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment